This blog is happily dedicated to my childhood and the little child in each one of you

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break

WOW.......it seems like yesterday we were expecting Snow and now it is time for Spring Break here in Louisiana.

"What will I do for a whole week out of school?"

Yikes how long has it been since I was a little girl and facing Spring Break? Well sisters that's waaaaaaaay to long to say but I'll give you a hint...back in my day we didn't call it that. We called it Easter Vacation.

And what WE did is verrry different than the youngins of today.
We played Jacks


and we Jumped Rope

and my little brother Freddie and I did the most fun thing of all...

We bought new Comics, or as we called them in the fifties..."Funny Books". It didn't matter if they were funny or not they were all referred to that way.

So what about YOU? What will you be doing next week?

3 comments:

  1. WELL, I am going to be packing for a wonderful vacation:) When I was MUCH younger, just being out of school was fun and WE called it Easter Vacation too! We shopped for Easter clothes:) Ahhhh those were the days my friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' your new bloggy, dear heart!

    Next week...hmmm...Well, tomorrow I'll go with the DH to the hospital, where they will remove a certain piece of equipment he'll be very glad to see go away, and maybe get the pathology report. Hoping for that, just to get it out of the way.

    No other big plans except a dream come true: Voice lessons, beginning on Thursday! My teacher promises fast vocal runs by the end of the first lesson, coloratura by the end of a month. Me. Opera? Well, then.

    Funny books! Tons of them--Sugar & Spike, Superman, Archie--oh, the days of lolling with a stack of comics and a pile of crisp apples. Lovely to remember, and I thank you for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved to play jacks...thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete

Playful Comments Only ...wink wink